New Trier, Regina and NSCD celebrate college-bound student-athletes after spring signing day
Another talented group of local student-athletes recently earned praise for their pending advancement to the next level of competition.
Local high schools New Trier, Regina Dominican and North Shore Country Day each hosted congratulatory spring ceremonies in alignment with the spring signing period.
Wilmette’s Regina Dominican and Winnetka’s North Shore Country Day also recently held signing-day ceremonies.
Loyola Academy will hold a spring signing-day ceremony on Wednesday May 17.
Regina celebrated Haneefa Adam, a track and field star who will compete at Marquette University next year; and Muriel Reese, who will play soccer for St. Norbert’s College.
Raiders stars honored were: Bethany Bulwa (basketball, Oberlin College), Benji Leonetti (soccer, Chapman University), Tae Won Lillig (soccer, Gettysburg College), Walter Luglio (soccer, Hobart and William Smith Colleges) and Margarite Richardson (basketball, Beloit College).
Bulwa, the team’s statistical leader in several categories, garnered plenty of attention after she sank two long-range buzzer-beaters this season, while her teammate Richardson hit a league-record eight three-pointers in one game.
Leonetti, of Winnetka, Luglio, of Wilmette, and Lillig helped the Raiders to impressive 20-game unbeaten streak
New Trier celebrated 37 student-athletes across two events in April. More than 25 other Trevians were honored in November for the fall signing day.
In April, the school honored:
• Dylan Mayer: Manhattan College
• Jake Fiegen: Cornell University
• Tyler Van Gorp: Williams College
• Rachael Zacks: Massachusetts Institute Of Technology
• Catcher Sawyer: Menlo College
• Katarina Teasdale: Miami University (Ohio)
• Halle Lorena Cornelius: Loyola University
• Annie Lake: Colgate University
• Honor Roberts: University of Pennsylvania
• Tyler Jackson: Allegheny College
• Caden Minogue: DePauw University
• Will Morrison: Denison University
• Amy Beanblossom: Washington University in St. Louis
• Kimberly Jung: Wesleyan University
• Catherine Yasenak: Marian University
• Olivia Montembeault: Connecticut College
• Lauren Caldwell: Carleton College
• Maya Healy: Case Western Reserve University
• Matthew Perchik: Illinois Wesleyan University
• Kannan Alford: Stanford University
• Alek Balassa: Yale University
• Elise Kahler: Santa Clara University
• Sophie Kahler: University of Wisconsin at Madison
• Preston Lodolce: Santa Clara University
• John Salvi: Stanford University
• Noah Silverstein: Princeton University
• Jack Skinner: University of California
• Ava Sofranko: Clemson University
• Michael AbiAntoun: University of Utah
• Reuben Kruger: Indiana University
Track and Field
• Andrew Hepner: DePauw University
• Caden Pfister: Grinnell College
• Kayleigh Vitu: Dickinson College
• Seren Uzkan: Loyola Marymount University
• Noah Wendt: University of the Pacific
• Bryan Ko: New York University, Wrestling
• Lindsay Umlauf: Hobart & William Smith College
The Record is a nonprofit, nonpartisan community newsroom that relies on reader support to fuel its independent local journalism.
Subscribe to The Record to fund responsible news coverage for your community.
Already a subscriber? You can make a tax-deductible donation at any time.
Joe Coughlin is a co-founder and the editor in chief of The Record. He leads investigative reporting and reports on anything else needed. Joe has been recognized for his investigative reporting and sports reporting, feature writing and photojournalism. Follow Joe on Twitter @joec2319