These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Police arrested a Chicago man for allegedly stealing an unlocked car in October in Wilmette.
• Police arrested a Chicago 19-year-old who allegedly attempted to steal bouquets of roses from Jewel on Green Bay Road. The teen reportedly entered a home on Wood Court and hid under a table before being found by police.
• An unlocked bicycle reportedly was stolen from outside of Jewel in Plaza del Lago, 1515 Sheridan Road.
• Unidentified items reportedly were stolen overnight from a home in the 100 block of De Windt Road.
• A customer reportedly did not return a vehicle to Mini of Glencoe in the agreed-upon time and the dealership reported it stolen.
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of $2,000 after giving their personal information to a caller purporting to be from PayPal.
• Jewelry, cash and gift cards reportedly were stolen from a home in the 100 block of Red Oak Lane.
• Three packages reportedly were taken from a home in the 200 block of Moraine Road.
• A car reportedly was stolen while the owner was picking up a food order in the 1800 block of Second Street.
• A package reportedly was stolen from the 2900 block of Lexington Lane.
• A resident reportedly responded to an email about a refund on an order they placed; however, the resident did not recognize the order and when they called the contact, the resident was asked for their personal information.
No activity reported between Dec. 1-8
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.