These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
Weekly incident reports not published by press time (Monday, Oct. 2)
• A package reportedly was stolen from a lobby in the 600 block of Winnetka Avenue.
• An unlocked bicycle reportedly was stolen between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. from a bike rack in the 300 block of Woodlawn Avenue.
• An individual from Chicago turned himself in for allegedly fleeing a traffic stop on Sept. 16.
• A resident reportedly was robbed of approximately $20,000 in an attempt to purchase a vehicle during a meeting with a seller in the 1300 block of Half Day Road.
• Two handguns reportedly were stolen between July 24-Aug. 3 from a safe inside a home in the 2400 block of Highmoor Road.
• A purse reportedly was stolen from a truck of a car at the intersection of Oak Street and Walker Avenue.
• Close to $900 in cash reportedly was stolen from the register at Extra Space Storage, 1610 Old Deerfield Road.
• A guitar valued at $3,000 reportedly was stolen from Guitar Center, 143 Skokie Valley Road.
• A car reportedly was stolen overnight from a driveway in the 1100 block of Green Bay Road.
• A backpack and cash reportedly were stolen between 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. from a car parked at the Northfield Community Center, 401 Wagner Road.
No activity reported between Sept. 22-19
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.