These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A bicycle and helmet reportedly were stolen between 4:45-10:30 p.m. from the CTA Station in the 300 block of Linden.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from outside a home in the 1400 block of Wilmette Avenue.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen between 12:45-6:30 p.m. from the CTA station in the 300 block of Linden Avenue.
WINNETKA (July 25-30 incidents were posted in last week’s Police Reports.)
• A package reportedly was stolen from the lobby of a building in the 500 block of Chestnut Street.
• An unlocked bicycle reportedly was stolen from Tower Road beach, 725 Sheridan Road.
• Fire hydrant caps reportedly were removed in two locations — 800 Block of Boal Parkway and Walnut Street and Elm Street — overnight.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in an amount exceeding $5,000.
• A locked bicycle reportedly was stolen from the Metra station, 754 Elm St.
No reports between July 26-Aug. 2 that meet The Record’s standards for publication
• A portable speaker valued at $350 reportedly was stolen from Target, 2099 Skokie Valley Road .
• Licenses plates reportedly were stolen from a vehicle in the Acura dealership lot at 2699 Skokie Valley Road.
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen from a car in a hotel lot in the 1500 block of County Line Road.
• A car reportedly was stolen from the 700 block of Vine Avenue.
• A resident was arrested after reportedly battering a police officer who was responding to a domestic incident.
No reports between July 28 and Aug. 4 that meet The Record’s standards for publication.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.