These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• More than $500 in alcohol reportedly was taken at 10:13 a.m. from Walgreens, 3232 Lake Ave., and police believe the same offenders burglarized a store in Bannockburn at 12:40 p.m. Three individuals reportedly were arrested by Deerfield police and processed by the Wilmette Police Department.
• An caller purporting to be with a cable/internet provider reportedly scammed a resident out of $360 by telling the resident to purchase gift cards and provide the cards’ details in exchange for a year’s worth of service
• About $1,500 in over-the-counter medication reportedly was stolen at 1:58 p.m. from Walgreens, 3232 Lake Ave.
• About $1,500 in alcohol reportedly was stolen at 4:13 p.m. from Jewel, 1517 Sheridan Road.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for a sum exceeding $5,000.
• A package reportedly was taken from the 100 block of Lapier Street.
• More than $11,000 reportedly was stolen from a resident’s bank account by someone using the resident’s personal information to execute a wire transfer.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen and altered but an attempt to cash the check was denied.
• Food and wine reportedly were stolen from Mariano’s, 1822 Willow Road.
• An unsecured car reportedly was stolen from a parking lot in the 300 block of S. Happ Road while the car’s owner was inside of a store.
No activity reported from Dec. 16-22
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.