Police Reports: Minivan taken from auto shop; two cars stolen, others broken into on Nov. 22 in Winnetka
These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
WILMETTE (Updated on Tuesday morning, Dec. 6, with reports from Nov. 26-Dec. 2)
• Personal documents reportedly were among items stolen between Nov. 20-30 from a home in the 800 block of Lavergne Avenue.
• A wallet reportedly was stolen from a backpack left in a building in the 3200 block of Lake Avenue. A credit card from the wallet reportedly was used to make a fraudulent purchase.
• A package reportedly was stolen from a porch in the 1500 block of Isabella Street.
• A minivan reportedly was stolen around 4:57 a.m. from Wilmette Auto Body, 1920 Lake Ave. According to the report, a garage door was forced open and the van keys stolen from the shop’s office. The offenders reportedly got away in two vehicles, including the minivan, south on Interstate 94.
• A computer reportedly was stolen from the rectory at St. Francis Church, 912 Linden Ave.
• Wilmette police arrested a Jewel employee for reportedly threatening another employee on Nov. 20.
• Graffiti — black and green paint — reportedly were found on a building in the 500 block of 4th Street.
• Two cars reportedly were broken into between Nov. 19-26 in the 300 block of Linden Street.
• An unlocked car reportedly was stolen overnight from the 800 block of Foxdale Avenue and later found in the 200 block of Sheridan Road.
• A car reportedly was stolen overnight in the 00 block of Indian Trail Road.
• Packages reportedly were taken from a building in the 400 block of Winnetka Avenue.
• Cash and a garage door opener reportedly were taken from an unlocked car in the 100 block of Chestnut Street.
• Cash and a garage door opener reportedly were taken from an unlocked car in the 800 block of Prospect Avenue.
• A garage door opener reportedly was taken from a car in the 700 block of Prospect Avenue.
• Two packages reportedly were stolen from a front porch in the 100 block of Timber Lane.
• A wallet with debit card reportedly was stolen from a car in the 600 block of Longwood Avenue.
No reports between Nov. 21-27 that fit The Record’s standards for publication
No reported activity between Nov. 25-Dec. 2
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.
This article was developed using publicly available information, such as press releases, municipal records and social media posts.