These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• More than 100 packs of cigarettes and $50 worth of lottery tickets reportedly were stolen around 2:50 a.m. from the Shell gas station at 399 Ridge Road.
• A locked bicycle reportedly was stolen around 4:45 a.m. from a fence behind Starbucks, 3520 Lake Ave.
• Fire extinguishers reportedly were stolen between Oct. 28-30 from a Wilmette Park District bus and discharged in the adjacent park at the recreation center at 3000 Glenview Road.
• More than $4,000 in fraudulent purchases reportedly were made between Oct. 11-26 to a resident’s Mastercard.
• An unsecured bicycle reportedly was stolen from a bike rack at Carleton Washburne School, 515 Hibbard Road.
• An unlocked bicycle reportedly was stolen from a bike rake at New Trier High School, 385 Winnetka Ave.
• Unauthorized purchases reportedly were made on a resident’s American Express credit card.
• A resident sent a $3,328 wire transfer for an AirBnB in Ireland that reportedly did not exist.
• Two individuals reportedly stole jewelry from a residence in the 500 block of Sheridan Road. One individual reportedly distracted the resident purporting to be a fence installer while the other entered the home.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen and altered to the amount of $4,945.
• More than $2,500 in fraudulent purchases at the Apple Store reportedly were made to a resident’s American Express credit card.
• Jewelry worth about $5,800 reportedly was stolen from a residence in the 500 block of Longwood Avenue.
No reports between Oct. 26-30 that fit The Record’s standards for publication
• A window reportedly was broken at a home in the 200 block of Leicester Road.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.