These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• At least nine cars reportedly were broken into overnight near the 2000 block of Kenilworth Avenue and 2000 block of Beachwood Avenue. Police responded around 5:45 a.m. to a call of suspicious vehicles and individuals checking door handles. When officers arrived, police say three cars fled from the scene at a high rate of speed and evaded authorities.
• Checks totaling $5,100 reportedly were fraudulently cashed from a resident’s bank account.
• Nearly $40,000 reportedly was stolen from a resident in a fraud scheme in which the resident was informed on the telephone that a bank account was compromised and the resident had to transfer funds to a special account.
• Jewelry and cash reportedly were stolen between 11:30 a.m.-2:15 p.m. from a home in the 300 block of Sunset Drive.
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen from a car in the 500 block of 7th Street.
• An unlocked car with the key fob inside reportedly was stolen around 6:15 a.m. from the 2200 block of Kenilworth Avenue. The vehicle was later recovered behind a business on Sheridan Road in Chicago, police say.
• An unlocked car with the key fob inside reportedly was stolen from the 1000 block of Elmwood Avenue.
• Jewelry and cash reportedly were stolen from a home in the 1000 block of Manor Drive.
• An unlocked car with the key fob inside reportedly was stolen overnight from the 600 block of Linden Avenue. The car allegedly was recovered from the 200 block of Richmond in Evanston.
• Two cars reportedly were broken into at the same home in the 300 block of Rosewood Avenue. Another car reportedly was broken into overnight in the same block.
• Utility boxes reportedly were spray painted at a loss of more than $700.
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of $250 by a caller purporting to be from ComEd and threatening to shut of the home’s power.
• A home reportedly was broken into between Sept. 21-25 while the homeowners were out of town.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in the amount of about $15,000.
• More anti-Semitic materials reportedly were discovered in the parkway near homes in the 100 block of Avon Avenue. This is one of numerous incidents of the racist deliveries over the past year.
• A work tool valued at $500 reportedly was stolen from a tow truck parked at 469 Sunset Ridge Road.
• An Xfinity mobile account reportedly was opened in a resident’s name without the resident’s permission.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.