These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• An unlocked rental car reportedly stolen on Aug. 14 from the 1500 block of Washington was recovered by the Chicago Police Department at 445 N. State St.
• A unlocked car with the key fob inside reportedly was stolen overnight from the 100 block of Hibbard Road. The vehicle reportedly was then used later that day in a series of car burglaries in Glencoe.
• Two unlocked cars reportedly were burglarized in the 100 block of Hibbard Road.
• A piece of jewelry reportedly was stolen from a home in the 2300 block of Old Glenview Road when a resident allowed three individuals who claimed to be tree trimmers into the house.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen in the 800 block of Linden Avenue and another one reportedly was stolen from the Metra Station at 722 Green Bay Road.
• Retail items, including alcohol, reportedly were stolen from Walgreens, 925 Green Bay Road.
• A resident reportedly was defrauded out of $5,000 when an individual purporting to be a property manager requested wired funds for rent and a deposit.
• At least seven cars reportedly were broken into overnight Aug. 14-15. The locations were: the 800 block of Spruce Street, the 400 block of Berkeley Avenue, the 300 block of Linden Street, the 100 block of Birch Street and the 1400 block of Asbury Avenue. In all seven reported instances, the cars were unlocked. A credit card and sunglasses were among the taken items.
• Two cars reportedly were broken into between 1-6:15 p.m. at Glencoe golf courses. A window reportedly was smashed in both instances — one at Skokie Country Club, 500 Washington Ave., and one at Lake Shore Country Club, 1255 Sheridan Road — and cash and property were among the stolen items.
Aug . 18
• A purse, including credit cards, reportedly was stolen. Several fraudulent charges totaling $900 reportedly were made to the cards.
• A car reportedly was stolen overnight in the 1600 block of Mt. Pleasant St. Police reportedly recovered the car the same day in Winnetka.
• A vehicle’s windshield reportedly was damaged ($8,000) between Aug. 18-22 in the 100 block of Woodstock Avenue.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.