Police Reports: Car stolen, recovered the same day; resident scammed on eBay
These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A resident reported that someone siphoned gas out of their vehicle between March 11-14.
• A bucket of range balls reportedly was stolen from the Wilmette Golf Course, 3900 Fairway Drive.
• A car reportedly was stolen at 8:42 a.m. from the 1800 block of Elmwood Avenue. The car reportedly was unlocked and had the key fob inside. A male juvenile reportedly found in possession of the vehicle the same day and arrested by Evanston police.
• Retail items reportedly were stolen from the Jewel at 411 Green Bay Road.
Nothing of note reported from March 9-14.
• A partition reportedly was damaged in a bathroom stall inside the Glencoe Metra Station, 724 Old Green Bay Road. The dividing wall was allegedly broken into multiple pieces.
• A resident reportedly attempted to sell a watch on eBay but never received payment. The watch purportedly sold for $6,014 and the resident shipped the item to an address in Maryland.
• An iPhone worth $1,100 reportedly was not included in a package delivered to a resident, who told police the package was supposed to contain two phone, but only had one.
• Unauthorized checks totaling about $6,000 reportedly were cashed from a resident’s account.
No activity was reported between March 12-18 by the Kenilworth Police Department
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.
This article was developed using publicly available information, such as press releases, municipal records and social media posts.