These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A resident reported that someone siphoned gas out of their vehicle between March 11-14.
• A bucket of range balls reportedly was stolen from the Wilmette Golf Course, 3900 Fairway Drive.
• A car reportedly was stolen at 8:42 a.m. from the 1800 block of Elmwood Avenue. The car reportedly was unlocked and had the key fob inside. A male juvenile reportedly found in possession of the vehicle the same day and arrested by Evanston police.
• Retail items reportedly were stolen from the Jewel at 411 Green Bay Road.
Nothing of note reported from March 9-14.
• A partition reportedly was damaged in a bathroom stall inside the Glencoe Metra Station, 724 Old Green Bay Road. The dividing wall was allegedly broken into multiple pieces.
• A resident reportedly attempted to sell a watch on eBay but never received payment. The watch purportedly sold for $6,014 and the resident shipped the item to an address in Maryland.
• An iPhone worth $1,100 reportedly was not included in a package delivered to a resident, who told police the package was supposed to contain two phone, but only had one.
• Unauthorized checks totaling about $6,000 reportedly were cashed from a resident’s account.
No activity was reported between March 12-18 by the Kenilworth Police Department
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.