Police Reports: Three home burglaries, stolen purse at grocery store
These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Personal items reportedly were stolen from a home in the 4000 block of Bunker Lane between 2:40-4:07 p.m. Brute force reportedly was used to enter the home.
• A musical instrument reportedly was stolen on Jan. 14 from Highcrest Middle School, 569 Hunter Road.
• Numerous items reportedly went missing during a resident’s move from Wilmette to Winnetka.
• A resident’s credit card reportedly was used fraudulently.
• A home in the 600 block of Laramie Avenue reportedly was burglarized.
• A car reportedly stolen on Dec. 19, 2021 was recovered at 5644 S. Bishop Ave. by the Chicago Police Department. After the 2021 theft of the vehicle, it was allegedly used in a burglary in Morton Grove.
• A purse reportedly was stolen from a customer’s shopping cart at Jewel, 411 Green Bay Road. Credit cards from the purse reportedly were used after the alleged theft.
• Two unlocked cars reportedly were burglarized near Lake and Wilmette avenues. Personal items reportedly were from both cars — one in the 2500 block of Lake Avenue and the other in the 2700 block of Wilmette Avenue.
• More than $600 in fraudulent charges reportedly were made on a credit card opened in a resident’s name without the resident’s knowledge.
• Twenty-five hundred dollars in fraudulent charges reportedly were made on a Home Depot account opened in a resident’s name without the resident’s knowledge.
• Two bank accounts reportedly were open using a resident’s personal information without the residents’ knowledge.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for more than $5,000.
• Personal items worth more than $10,000 reportedly were stolen from a home in the 2000 block of Sunset Ridge Road. The home allegedly was broken into using the garage door.
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen off a business truck in the 300 block of Waukegan Road.
• A home reportedly was broken into in the 600 block of Thornwood Lane. No items were reported missing.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.
This article was developed using publicly available information, such as press releases, municipal records and social media posts.