These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A stolen car reportedly was recovered near the Wilmette Post Office, 1241 Central Ave., when officers responded to a tip. The car was reported stolen by Sixt Rent A Car after numerous attempts to have it returned. Two arrests were made.
• A street sign marking Lauren Street reportedly was stolen .
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen from a car between Jan. 17-22 in the 200 block of Ridge Road.
• An Amazon Kindle reportedly was stolen from an unlocked car parked in a driveway in the 600 block of Willow Road. Two other unlocked cars in the same driveway allegedly were entered, as well.
• A check dropped in the Village deposit box reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for $3,060.81 between Dec. 22 and Jan. 20.
• More than $2,000 in fraudulent charges reportedly were made on a resident’s credit card.
• More than $900 in fraudulent online purchases reportedly were made on a resident’s credit card, which the resident reportedly still had in their possession.
• A purse reportedly was stolen from a car in the 400 block of Wagner Road. The car’s window reportedly was smashed out between 12:30-12:59 p.m. while the car owner reportedly was walking her dog.
• A resident reportedly lost about $1,000 in a scam that began when they clicked on a computer popup and received a phone call asking to purchase gift cards.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.