These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Three cars reportedly were illegally entered overnight. Personal items were stolen from one cars in the 2100 block of Chestnut Avenue and 1200 block of Elmwood Avenue.
• A red Jeep Cherokee reportedly struck another vehicle at Lake and Wilmette avenues and fled the scene.
• Fifteen bottles of alcohol reportedly were taken from the Jewel, 1517 Sheridan Road.
• A car reportedly was stolen from the 500 block of Ridge Road. The keys reportedly were inside the unlocked car. The stolen vehicle was recovered on Jan. 25 in Evanston.
• Cars reportedly were broken into in the 500 block of Ridge Road and 200 block of Ridge Road. The cars reportedly were not locked.
• A mailed check written for $1,512 reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for $6,512.
• A home reportedly was burglarized in the 3400 block of Wilmette Avenue.
• Suitcases reportedly were stolen from a porch in the 70 block of Indian Hill.
• Personal items reportedly were stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 300 block of 3rd Street.
• Two unlocked cars in a driveway in the 1500 block of Tower Road reportedly were rummaged through.
• AirPods reportedly were stolen from someone’s office at 22 Green Bay Road.
• A resident’s name reportedly was used to open a loan account and debit card.
• Three catalytic converters reportedly were stolen from New Trier High School buses parked in the school’s lot, 7 S. Happ Road.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.