These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A massage parlor in Wilmette was shut down by the Wilmette Police Department after a sting operation allegedly led to a prostitution arrest. According to police, an officer was propositioned for a sexual act in exchange for money during a massage at Asian Spa, 921 Ridge Road. Police reportedly noticed the business marketing its service on known “prostitution-related websites.”
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen from a car in the 3200 block of Old Glenview Road. Another report of an attempted catalytic-converter theft was reported in the same timeframe in the same area, the 2800 block of Old Glenview Road.
• A piece of patio furniture reportedly was taken from a porch in the 500 block of Forest.
• Personal items were reported missing from a vehicle that was valeted from a restaurant in the 1100 block of Wilmette Avenue.
• A muffler reportedly was removed from a car in the 300 block of Ridge Road.
• A resident’s funds reportedly were transferred to another bank without the resident’s authorization.
• An ATM reportedly was damaged at BMO Harris, 520 Green Bay Road.
• An unlocked car reportedly was stolen from a driveway in the 400 block of Sheridan Road between 5:06-5:12 a.m.
• An exterior wall reportedly was graffitied on a building at 80 Green Bay Road.
• A car reportedly was burglarized in the 500 block of Maple Street and a credit card removed from the car reportedly was used to make purchases in the amount of $147.76.
• A check mailed through a Village dropbox reportedly was altered and cashed in an amount exceeding $5,000.
• An ATM reportedly was broken into and burglarized at the Byline Bank, 100 Green Bay Road, between 4:15-4:18 a.m.
• Fraudulent charges in the amount of $800 reportedly were made on a resident’s credit card between Jan. 1-10.
• Charges reportedly were fraudulently made on a resident’s credit card in the amount of $760.82 between Dec. 7-17.
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen from a car between 5-10 a.m. in the 300 block of Lincoln Avenue.
• Wires reportedly were cut on outdoor decorative lights in the 700 block of Vernon Avenue.
• A necklace, jewelry and two Apple watches reportedly were stolen from a home in the 400 block of Greenleaf Avenue. No forced entry was reported.
• An unauthorized bank account reportedly was opened in a resident’s name.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.