These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
WILMETTE (Nov. 19)
• Packages reportedly were stolen from the front porch of a residence in the 200 block of Wood Court.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from an unlocked detached garage in the 300 block of Greenleaf Avenue.
• A resident reported that their home in the 1400 block of Lake Avenue was burglarized between Nov. 9-12. It is unclear what was taken.
WINNETKA (Nov. 15)
• Credit cards to Home Depot and NAPA Auto Parts reportedly were opened in a resident’s name without the resident’s permission.
GLENCOE (Nov. 17)
• Credit cards reportedly were opened in a resident’s name without the resident’s permission. The reported loss is $131.16.
• Two packages reportedly were stolen from the front porch of a home in the 600 block of Greenleaf Avenue. Police reportedly found the packages in the roadway near Greenleaf and Hawthorne Avenue.
• A resident reportedly attempted to purchase a dog online for $500 and reported to police that they never received the dog or their money back.
NORTHFIELD (Nov. 14)
• More than $16,000 in transactions reportedly were fraudulently charged in August to an account belonging to a resident.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty