These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Catalytic converters were reported stolen off vehicles in four separate incidents. 1.) Overnight Oct. 19 from a car in the 2200 block of Thornwood Avenue; 2.)between Oct. 12-15 from a car parked at Chalet Nursery, 3132 Lake Avenue; 3.) on Oct. 14 from a car parked in the 1500 block of Forest Avenue; and 4.) on Oct. 7 from a car parked in a driveway in the 100 block of Dupee.
• Two homes on Indian Hill Road reportedly were broken into by force. Personal items reportedly were taken from one home.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from New Trier High School, 385 Winnetka Ave, between 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m for a reported loss of $430.
• More than $5,000 in jewelry were reported stolen between 5:30-8:20 p.m. in the 1100 block of Sheridan Road.
• Frequent flyer miles reportedly were stolen from a resident’s account. The reported loss was $5,162.
• Four separate incidents of identity fraud were reported. In each case, an unknown individual reportedly attempted to open an account using a resident’s personal information.
• Northfield police reportedly assisted with a home fire at 12:19 p.m. in the 1800 block of Willow Hill Court.
• A catalytic converter reportedly was removed from a Northfield Park District truck between Oct. 8-11.
No reports released Oct. 15-22.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty