These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A resident reportedly was told via telephone that their social security number was compromised and they had to purchase a new one. According to the report the resident was told to call a separate number, after which they told to purchase gift cards for a new account and pass along the gift card information to the person on the phone.
• A dumpster at McKenzie School reportedly was vandalized with permanent market.
• A light from a bicycle reportedly was taken from a bike parked in the Metra Lot, 700 block of Green Bay Road.
• Profanities reportedly spray painted in numerous locations around the outside of Harper School, according to the Wilmette Police Department. Police Cmdr. Michael Robinson said a juvenile took and used a can of spray paint that was left outside the school after a school event. He said the incident is still under investigation.
• A resident reported someone used their personal information to apply for Illinois Department of Employment Security benefits.
• An unsecured scooter reportedly was stolen from a bike rack at 1100 Chatfield Road.
• A resident reportedly responded to a fraudulent text message claiming to be the Illinois Department of Transportation with their personal information.
• A resident reported several unauthorized purchases adding up to $178 on their Amazon account.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty