Police Reports: Worker robbed on way to make deposit, multiple bikes taken
These reports were pulled from police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe) during the week of Sunday-Saturday, Aug. 1-7
One incident of Illinois Department of Employment Services fraud was filed between Aug. 6-13.
• A bicycle was reportedly stolen from the bike rack at the Linden Avenue CTA station, 349 Linden Ave.
• A bicycle was reportedly stolen from the 1200 block of Green Bay Road.
• A resident reported that her child’s iPad was missing and it reportedly was last seen at Harper Elementary School, 1101 Dartmouth St., on July 13.
• Numerous items were reported missing over a four-month span, April-August, from a residential unit in the 2800 block of Old Glenview Road.
• A spare house key was reportedly taken from a vehicle parked in a residential garage in the 1000 block of Linden Avenue between Aug. 5-6.
• A bicycle was reportedly taken from an alley in the 2000 block of Birchwood Avenue.
• Personal items were reportedly taken from a home in the 100 block of Millbrook Lane.
• An unsecured bicycle was reportedly taken from the Winnetka Public Library, 768 Oak St, between 10:30-11:15 a.m. The loss is reportedly $200.
• It was reported that two fuses were taken overnight from a car in a garage and a door was damaged in the 700 block of Green Bay Road.
• A resident reported that someone used their personal information to open a bank account.
• Police were called to a neighbor dispute — reportedly over possible damage to a parked car — twice between 12:19 p.m. and 6:21 p.m. in the 1900 block of Willow Hill Court.
• An area man was walking a cash deposit to Chase Bank, 400 Central Ave., when reportedly he was robbed of $600 by a male subject.
• A car was reportedly broken into and several credit cards were taken between 2:30-3:50 p.m. at Sunset Ridge Country Club, 2100 Sunset Ridge Road.
There was one case of IDES fraud reported on Aug. 9
• A package was reported stolen or undelivered from the front porch of a home in the 900 block of Elm Ridge Drive.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.
Joe Coughlin is a co-founder and the editor in chief of The Record. He leads investigative reporting and reports on anything else needed. Joe has been recognized for his investigative reporting and sports reporting, feature writing and photojournalism. Follow Joe on Twitter @joec2319