These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
WILMETTE (Updated at 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 15)
• Cash and sunglasses reportedly were stolen from a car in the 1400 block of Ashland Lane.
• Graffiti reportedly was found on a tunnel wall at 299 Green Bay Road, causing estimated damage of $332.
• Multiple fraudulent checks exceeding $5,000 reportedly were cashed to a resident’s account.
• A stop sign and parking sign reportedly were taken from the corner of Hazel Avenue and Longwood Avenue.
• More than $20,000 in jewelry reportedly was taken from a home in the 600 block of Washington Place.
• Jewelry reportedly was taken from a work location in the 1900 block of Skokie Valley Road.
• A golf bag with clubs reportedly was taken from the front seat of a car in a parking garage in the 1600 block of Lake Cook Road.
No reports that meet The Record’s standards of publication.
• Purses and jewelry reportedly were stolen between Jan. 7-10 from a home in the 300 block of Sheridan Road. A glass rear door reportedly was smashed out.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.