These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of $8,000 by a person claiming that the resident’s grandson had been in a car accident and needed funds to post bond.
• Multiple packages reportedly were stolen between Dec. 22 and 28 from a front door in the 2200 block of Wilmette Avenue.
• More than $1,000 reportedly was accrued on a fraudulent utility account in a resident’s name.
• Four gift cards and an iPhone reportedly were stolen overnight from a car in the 600 block of Maple Avenue.
• More than $29,000 in fraudulent transactions reportedly were made on a resident’s credit card.
• A package containing prescription medicine reportedly was stolen from the lobby of a building in the 1100 block of Greenleaf Avenue.
• A gold bracelet valued at $4,600 reportedly was stolen from a home in the 2100 block of Kenilworth Avenue.
• A 49-year-old Hanover Park resident was arrested for allegedly burglarizing cars in Wilmette and surrounding areas.
• More than $800 in wrapped gifts and five bottles of alcohol reportedly were stolen from a car parked in the 600 block of Knox Avenue.
• Two unlocked bicycles reportedly were stolen between 5:10-5:50 p.m. from downtown Wilmette.
• Items reportedly were stolen from a home in the 200 block of Sheridan Road. A window reportedly was damaged to gain entry.
• Watches valued at more than $5,000 reportedly were stolen between Nov. 1-Dec. 18 from a resident.
• A motorist reportedly caused $2,000 in damage after driving on the putting green at Glencoe Golf Club, 621 Westley Road.
• A resident reportedly paid for $3,500 in gutter work but never received the services.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in the amount of $4,500.
• Multiple calculators reportedly were stolen from Target in the 2000 block of Skokie Valley Road.
• More than $4,500 in items reportedly were taken overnight from a trailer in the 2800 block of Skokie Valley Road.
• Multiple packages reportedly were stolen from a building in the 2000 block of St. Johns Avenue.
• A motorist reportedly struck a parked car in the lot of Fields BMW, 700 W. Frontage Road, before fleeing the scene.
No reported activity between Dec. 22-29
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.