These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Local police departments are alerting residents to two newest crime trends in the area. Winnetka police issued a warning of a recent increase in residential burglaries. With many families traveling out of town for the holidays, authorities are reminding Winnetka and North Shore residents to secure their homes and set alarm systems, according to an alert from the Winnetka Police Department. The department also has a vacation watch list, and those traveling for the holidays can call (847) 501-6034 and police will then check the exterior of the home to make sure it is secure.
• Wilmette police are warning motorists to watch their surroundings when stopping at gas stations. According to the alert, “there has been an increase of daytime and evening car thefts from suburban gas stations. Offenders target unlocked vehicles while you are pumping gas or are inside the store.”
• More than $13,000 worth of copper construction material reportedly was stolen from a construction site at Edens Plaza, 3200 Lake Ave.
• An unlocked bicycle reportedly was stolen from outside of Jewel in the 400 block of Green Bay Road.
• A check mailed Dec. 6-8 reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in an amount exceeding $5,000.
• More than $1,000 in unauthorized charges reportedly were made on a resident’s credit card.
• More than 100 fraudulent charges totaling more than $70,000 reportedly were made on a resident’s business credit card.
• A cellphone holder and candy reportedly were stolen from a car in the 400 block of Burton Avenue.
• Tools reportedly were stolen overnight from a car in the 100 block of Aspen Lane.
• A laptop and cellphone reportedly were stolen from a car in the 200 block of Aspen Lane.
• A garage door opener reportedly was stolen from a car in the 1000 block of Saxony Drive.
• Items reportedly were stolen from a home between 12:30-7 p.m. in the 600 block of Glenview Avenue.
• A package reportedly was stolen from a mailbox in the 800 block of Old Trail.
• Multiple items reportedly were stolen from a car parked at CVS in the 1500 block of Clavey Road. A car window reportedly was broken to gain access.
• Gifts, a television and food reportedly were stolen from a childcare center in the 400 block of Lauren Road.
• Motor oil reportedly was stolen from a gas station at 469 Sunset Ridge Road.
• Multiple fraudulent transactions reportedly were made on a resident’s bank account.
No activity reported between Dec. 15-22
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.