These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A resident reportedly caught an unknown individual inside their home around 4:15 a.m. in the 1000 block of Mohawk Road. According to an alert from the police department, the individual fled on foot and eluded pursuit. Nothing was reported missing from the home.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from outside of a garage in the 400 block of Vista Drive.
• A car reportedly was stolen overnight from the 1500 block of Walnut. The car was found in Chicago after it was crashed, according to the report.
• A wallet with credit cards reportedly was stolen from a vehicle in the 800 block of Leamington Avenue. At least three vehicles on the block were broken into overnight, according to police reports.
• A jacket reportedly was stolen from an unlocked car in the 200 block of Lockerbie Lane.
• A garage door opener reportedly was removed from an unlocked car in the 900 block of Seneca.
• A roll of quarters reportedly was stolen from a car parked inside an open garage in the 3100 block of Walden Lane.
• Car keys and cash reportedly were stolen from unlocked cars in the 1100 block of Ridge Road.
• Airpods and a laptop reportedly were stolen from a unlocked car parked in the 200 block of Greenleaf Avenue.
• Three bottles of alcohol reportedly were stolen around 10:44 a.m. from Jewel, 411 Green Bay Road.
• A subject was arrested for allegedly breaking into vehicles and being in possession of a vehicle title.
• Four pairs of sunglasses and cash reportedly were stolen from an unlocked car in the 700 block of Sheridan Road.
• A car reportedly was stolen between 1:15-3 a.m. from the 100 block of Broadway Avenue. The car was later recovered in Chicago, according to the incident report.
• An unlocked car reportedly was stolen from the 400 block of 9th Street. The car was located in Chicago with several windows smashed, the report says.
• Sunglasses and change reportedly were stolen from an unlocked car parked in the 600 block of Forest Avenue.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for $4,364.66 in between Aug. 4 and Oct. 2.
• A car reportedly was stolen between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. from the Dunkin Donuts parking lot, 81 Green Bay Road, after an unknown individual reportedly entered the employee area of the shop. The car was recovered in Troy, Michigan, according to the report.
• A package valued at $200 reportedly was stolen from the lobby of an apartment building in the 2000 block of St. Johns Avenue.
• A car reportedly was stolen from a car lot in the 2700 block of Skokie Valley Road.
• Mail reportedly was stolen out of a mailbox in the 1700 block of Harding Road.
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of $2,000 after purchasing gift cards to attempt to get rid of a computer virus.
• A parent was cited for reportedly hosting an underage drinking/cannabis party in the 600 block of Essex Road.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.