These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. from the 800 block of Linden Avenue.
• A locked bicycle reportedly was stolen between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. from the CTA Station in the 300 block of Linden Avenue.
• A locked electric bike reportedly was stolen from the Metra Station in the 700 block of Green Bay Road.
• A backpack, necklaces and tennis rackets reportedly were stolen overnight from an unlocked car in the 3200 block of Spucewood Avenue.
• A car reportedly was stolen overnight from the 700 block of Greenleaf Avenue. The car reportedly was later recovered after it crashed in Chicago.
• Jewelry and silverware reportedly were stolen between 9:15 a.m. to 11 a.m. from a home in the 2800 block of Blackhawk Road.
• At least five cars reportedly were broken into over two nights in east Wilmette. Multiple pairs of sunglasses, a computer, change and more reportedly were among the items stolen.
• More than $19,000 reportedly was fraudulently withdrawn from a resident’s bank account.
• Cash reportedly was stolen from a car overnight in the 1200 block of Oak Street.
• A check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for an amount exceeding $5,000.
• Halloween decorations reportedly were stolen overnight from two yards — one in the 1100 block of Chatfield Road and the other in the 1100 block of Merrill Street.
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of $2,400 after a caller purported to be from a Florida law enforcement agency and requested the resident post bond after failing to appear in court.
• Landscaping lights reportedly were stolen from a home in the 100 block of Maple Hill Road.
• Two individuals reportedly fled Lake Shore Country Club, 1255 Sheridan Road, after attempting to break into multiple vehicles, getting into a car and fleeing, and striking another vehicle.
• A wine bottle reportedly was thrown through the rear window of a car parking in the 700 block of Marion Avenue.
• A backpack reportedly was stolen from a car in the 0-100 block of Blackhawk Road. The car’s window reportedly was shattered.
• A backpack reportedly was stolen from a car in the 700 block of St. John’s Avenue after a window reportedly was shattered.
• A tool and special coin reportedly were stolen from a car parked in the 2200 block of Midlothian Avenue.
• A car reportedly was stolen from a residential driveway in the 800 block of Old Trail.
• A car reportedly was stolen from a parking lot in the 1500 block of Clavey Road.
• About $370 in alcohol reportedly was stolen from Target, 2099 Skokie Valley Road.
• A debit card reportedly was stolen from a room at Highland Park Hospital, 777 Park Ave., resulting in about $1,400 in fraudulent charges.
• Multiple checks reportedly were stolen, altered and cashed.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from New Trier High School, 7 S. Happ Road.
• Four loans worth a total of $4,200 reportedly were fraudulently taken out in a resident’s name.
• Two bicycles reportedly were stolen from a driveway in the 600 block of Ridge Road.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.