These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• An unlocked electric bicycle valued at $3,200 reportedly was stolen from Metra station, 722 Green Bay Road.
• A locked electric bicycle valued at $8,000 reportedly was stolen from the 1200 block of Ashland Avenue.
• An unlocked bicycle reportedly was stolen from the 800 block of Linden Avenue.
• More than $20,000 in unauthorized payments reportedly were made from a resident’s bank account.
• A window reportedly was broken and two empty cash drawers reportedly were taken from Walker Bros, 100 block of Green Bay Road, at 2:41 a.m.
• A resident’s credit card reportedly was used to purchase $7,000 in gift cards.
• Jewelry reportedly was stolen from a home in the 200 block of Central Park Avenue.
• Two Deerfield men were arrested for reportedly giving a fake business name and beginning home-repair work without a resident’s authorization.
• More than $5,000 reportedly was from a resident who was deceived into sending the funds via crypto currency to remedy bank fraud.
• An individual reportedly made gestures that they were fondling themselves at 2:20 p.m. at the Wilmette Public Library.
• About $1,300 in snowboarding equipment reportedly was stolen between May 1-July 1 from an unlocked storage unit in the 900 block of Green Bay Road.
• Two bicycles, each valued at $800, reportedly were stolen between 8:30 a.m. and 6:45 p.m. from the Metra station, 724 Old Green Bay Road.
• A wallet with cash, credit cards and lottery tickets reportedly was stolen from an unlocked car between 2:30-3:15 p.m. at Lakefront Park, 38 Park Ave.
• A post office vehicle reportedly was struck between 6:30-6:45 a.m. at the Glencoe Post Office, 336 Hazel Ave.
• A clutch purse valued at $3,500 reportedly was stolen from a home in the 700 block of Central Avenue.
• A bag, wallet, cash and sunglasses reportedly were stolen from a car parked in the 500 block of Chicago Avenue.
• A package reportedly was stolen from the 1500 block of Sheridan Road.
• A gold bracelet and ring worth approximately $4,300 reportedly were stolen from Highland Park Hospital, 777 Park Ave.
• Items worth about $200 reportedly were stolen from Target, 2099 Skokie Valley Road.
• A car’s window reportedly was shattered while parked in a driveway in the 200 block of Dickens Street.
• A vehicle reportedly fled a traffic stop at 7:07 a.m. near Willow road and Alice Place. The driver reportedly drove dangerously southbound on Hibbard Road and struck a car in Winnetka before continuing to flee.
• Nearly $4,500 in fraudulent transactions reportedly were made to a resident’s online account.
• A locked electric bicycle valued at $1,600 reportedly was stolen from the bike rack at the Metra station, 400 Richmond Road.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.