These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Electrical equipment and copper reportedly were stolen from an apartment under construction in the 300 block of Ridge Road.
• A stolen bicycle and athletic bags reportedly were recovered from bushes in the 1100 block of Walnut Avenue. The items reportedly were stolen from a home in the 1600 block of Walnut.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for $381.16.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for $4,147.86.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for $1,000.
• More than $150 in merchandise reportedly was stolen from Valentina, 538 Chestnut St.
• More than $3,000 worth of airline miles reportedly were stolen from a resident.
• A vehicle reportedly sped off as an officer attempted a traffic stop and fled north on Sheridan Road.
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen from a car parking a hotel parking lot in the 1500 block of County Line Road.
• A car reportedly was stolen from a driveway in the 500 block of Sumac Road.
• Three rings valued at $33,000 reportedly were stolen from a home in the 2000 block of Skyelar Court.
• A Chicago resident was arrested for allegedly resisting a police officer at 7:41 a.m. at Willow and Northfield roads. The arrestee reportedly assaulted an employee inside Mariano’s drawing a police response.
No activity reported between Sept. 15-22
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.