These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Two hundred dollars in liquor reportedly was stolen from Jewel in the 400 block of Green Bay Road.
• Cash reportedly was stolen from a wallet inside a home in the 500 block of Forest Avenue.
• Police arrested three individuals in relation to the alleged theft of thousands of dollars in merchandise from Walgreens, 3232 Lake Ave.
• More than $5,000 in jewelry reportedly was stolen between 6:05-8:30 p.m. from a home in the 1300 block of Westmoor Trail.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for an amount exceeding $5,000.
• A bicycle valued at $477 reportedly was stolen from a home in the 200 block of Vernon Ave.
• Three 32-gallon garbage bins reportedly were stolen from a resident’s driveway in the 500 block of Orchard Lane.
• An electric portable heater, valued at $280, reportedly was stolen from a public works maintenance room in a parking garage at St. John’s and Laurel avenues.
• A resident reportedly caught an unknown individual inside their car in the 1900 block of Elmwood Drive.
• A car containing a cellphone reportedly was stolen from a parking lot in the 400 block of Central Avenue.
• Shoes and keys reportedly were stolen from a car in the 1900 block of Elmwood Drive.
• Two men were arrested for allegedly battering an individual in the 1700 block of Orchard Lane.
• A counterfeit bill reportedly was used at Mariano’s, 1822 Willow Road; however, the bill reportedly was confiscated.
• An unlocked car with the key inside reportedly was stolen overnight from a driveway in the 500 block of Kenilworth Avenue. The car reportedly was recovered in Chicago later that day.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.