These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• More than $14,000 in fraudulent purchases reportedly were made to a resident’s credit card.
• An unlocked bicycle reportedly was stolen from the 1200 block of Wilmette Avenue.
• Sporting equipment reportedly was stolen from the front porch of a home in the 1600 block of Elmwood Avenue.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from a yard in the 600 block of Forest Avenue.
• Golf clubs reportedly were stolen from a garage in the 1600 block of Greenwood Avenue.
• Graffiti reportedly was applied to two homes: one in the 1500 block of Elmwood Avenue and one in the 1500 block of Walnut Avenue.
• A bicycle, golf clubs, lacrosse stick and clothing reportedly were stolen from a garage in the 1200 block of Glendenning Road.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from the backyard of a home in the 1100 block of Ridge Road.
• An unlocked bicycle reportedly was stolen from outside a store in the 1500 block of Sheridan Road.
• Golf clubs reportedly were stolen from a garage in the 2200 block of Schiller Avenue, and police arrested a Chicago man allegedly seen fleeing with the clubs.
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of $600 after receiving a digital message their identity was stolen and purchasing Bitcoin upon instruction.
• A locked bicycle reportedly was stolen from the Linden Avenue CTA station.
• More than $150 in merchandise reportedly was stolen from a storefront at 538 Chestnut S.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in an amount exceeding $5,000.
• Nearly $6,000 reportedly was charged to a Home Depot credit card opened fraudulently in a resident’s name.
• More than $4,000 reportedly was fraudulently removed from a resident’s account.
• Various cosmetic products reportedly were stolen from Walgreens, 632 Roger Williams Ave.
• A key fob reportedly was stolen from a car in the 40th block of Blackhawk Road.
• Three hair dryers reportedly were stolen from Ulta, 135 Skokie Valley Road.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from a rear patio in the 1500 block of Green Bay Road.
• Two bicycles reportedly were stolen between Aug. 3-7 from a garage in the 600 block of Broadview.
• Police responded to a report of reckless driving in the Mariano’s parking lot, 1822 Willow Road. According to police, a car was doing donuts in the parking lot in front of a large gathering of other vehicles. The car reportedly fled on the expressway when police arrived.
• A home reportedly was broken into in the 1700 block of Northfield Square when a rear door was forced open.
• A bicycle helmet reportedly was stolen from a garage in the 500 block of Kenilworth Avenue.
• A bicycle, headphones and a speaker reportedly were stolen from a garage in the 300 block of Sterling Road.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.