These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen from a car parked in the 300 block of Old Glenview Road.
• Two lifesaving rings, valued at $200, reportedly were stolen from Overlook Drive in Gillson Park.
• A tax return check in the amount of $2,100 reportedly was stolen from a mailbox in the 300 block of Skokie Court.
• A resident in the 1400 block of Wilmette Avenue reported that their home was entered by a 37-year-old male without their permission. The homeowner reported that they have previously let the man store his personal belongings at their house. But the resident reported during this incident that the man threatened them, forced his way into the home and took him cell phone and smashed it on the ground outside. The man then reportedly forced his way back into the home a second time and took another person’s cell phone and also smashed it on the ground before he was taken into custody by police.
• An unlocked cream-colored Townie 70 Step Electra bicycle, valued at $500, reportedly was stolen from the bike rack at the sailing beach in Gillson Park.
• An unlocked, black 2013 Nissan Altima reportedly was stolen from the 600 block of Maple Avenue. The key fob and the victim’s Apple Air Tag were reportedly left inside the vehicle. The car was later found in the 3300 block of Lyons in Evanston around 1:46 p.m.
• An iPhone reportedly was stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 1200 block of Maple Avenue.
• Someone reportedly attempted to pry open two doors that lead into an office in the 1100 block of Wilmette Avenue.
• A resident reportedly was scammed into paying more than $5,000 for concert tickets that they never received by an individual purporting to be the the resident’s friend.
• Mailed checks reportedly were stolen, altered and cashed for amounts exceeding $5,000.
• Antisemitic messages reportedly were posted on Jewishglencoe.com, the website of Chabad of Glencoe.
• A bicycle valued at $1,400 reportedly was stolen from Trek Bicycle Store, 1925 Skokie Valley Road, from an individual who asked to give the bicycle a test ride and did not return.
• About $900 in cash reportedly was stolen from a wallet left at a gas station in the 1800 block of Green Bay Road.
• Diamond earrings valued at $29,000 reportedly are missing from a home in the 1700 block of Sunnyside Avenue.
• Police are looking into the theft of packages from the 100 block of Riverside Drive that may have been ordered fraudulently.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.