These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A car reportedly was stolen from the 900 block of Elmwood Avenue. It was recovered later that day in the 1400 block of Gregory Avenue in Wilmette with two flat tires, police say.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from a driveway in the 1200 block of Gregory Avenue.
• A fire reportedly was set on a park bench and quickly extinguished on the Gillson Park Sailing Beach, 100 Lake Ave.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from outside of Jewel, 411 Green Bay Road.
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of $16,000 when the resident received a message that the resident’s tablet and bank accounts were hacked and was asked to deposit money into a Bitcoin ATM.
• An unlocked bicycle reportedly was stolen from a bike rack at 930 Green Bay Trail.
• Cash reportedly was stolen from a car in a driveway in the 900 block of Pine Street.
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of $3,500 when an individual purporting to be the resident’s boss messaged the resident and requested gift cards and their numbers.
• A bicycle and helmet reportedly were stolen from a bike rack at New Trier High School, 385 Winnetka Ave.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for an amount exceeding $5,000.
• Jewelry reportedly was stolen from a home in the 400 block of Greenleaf Avenue.
• A car reportedly was stolen from a driveway in the 100 block of Harbor Street.
• Police units reportedly attempted to apprehend a vehicle stolen from another community that then fled at a high rate of speed in the 200 block of Dickens Street. The vehicle reportedly drove over grass and toward police officers, who reportedly did not pursue the vehicle because of “extremely dangerous and evasive actions.”
• Up to 25 bottles of liquor reportedly were stolen from Mariano’s, 1822 Willow Road.
• A cellphone reportedly was stolen from an unlocked car near Old Willow Road and Wagner Road.
No activity reported from May 12-19
• More than $3,600 in tools reportedly were stolen overnight from a construction site in the 2100 block of St. John’s Avenue.
• Approximately $6,500 worth of rings as well as a purse reportedly were stolen from the 2700 block of Skokie Road.
• A wallet with credit cars and cash reportedly was stolen overnight from a car in the 2100 block of St. John’s Avenue.
• Two sets of keys reportedly stolen overnight from a car in the 700 block of Marion Avenue.
• A dealer license plate reportedly was stolen from the Ford dealership, 1333 Park Avenue West
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.