Police Reports: Tip jar taken from coffee shop; home burglarized in Northfield
These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A piece of baseball-training equipment reportedly was stolen from a resident’s backyard in the 600 block of Pine Street.
• A vehicle allegedly stolen from a Wilmette body shop (1900 block of Lake Avenue) in November 2022 reportedly was recovered in Chicago.
• Multiple checks mailed March 19-April 22 reportedly were stolen, altered and cashed in an amount exceeding $5,000.
• Unauthorized withdrawals of more than $5,000 reportedly were made from a resident’s bank account between April 11-13.
• More than $30,000 in unauthorized charges reportedly were made to a resident’s credit card.
• The tip jar on the counter of Hometown Juice and Coffee, 700 Vernon Ave., reportedly was stolen. The jar allegedly contained around $50.
• A home in the 2200 block of Bracken Lane reportedly was burglarized between 6-9 p.m.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for an unknown amount.
No activity reported between April 28-May 5
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.
Joe Coughlin is a co-founder and the editor in chief of The Record. He leads investigative reporting and reports on anything else needed. Joe has been recognized for his investigative reporting and sports reporting, feature writing and photojournalism. Follow Joe on Twitter @joec2319