Police Reports: Bikes stolen from shops in Wilmette and Winnetka; thousands in work equipment taken from van
These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Multiple individuals reportedly broke into a home in the 1700 block of Dale Avenue while the residents were at home and asleep in the late evening hours. According to a police report, an alarm woke the residents and also chased off the individuals resulting in no interaction with the residents. Personal items reportedly were missing from the home.
• A hybrid bicycle reportedly was stolen from Wilmette Bicycle and Sport Shop, 605 Green Bay Road.
• Approximately $17,000 in plumbing equipment reportedly was stolen from a work van in the 800 block of Westwood Lane.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in the amount of $4,449.80.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from Green Bay Cycles, 999 Green Bay Road. The bike reportedly was worth $1,080.
• An $8,520 check mailed to the U.S. Treasury reportedly was stolen and altered.
• Nearly $7,000 reportedly was charged to a resident’s credit card without proper authorization.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for an amount exceeding $3,000.
• Items reportedly were stolen between 1-8:15 p.m. from a car parked at Lock Up Self Storage in the 800 block of W. Frontage Road.
• A resident told police they received a bill for a U.S. Small Business loan the resident did not take out.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.
This article was developed using publicly available information, such as press releases, municipal records and social media posts.