These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Multiple individuals reportedly broke into a home in the 1700 block of Dale Avenue while the residents were at home and asleep in the late evening hours. According to a police report, an alarm woke the residents and also chased off the individuals resulting in no interaction with the residents. Personal items reportedly were missing from the home.
• A hybrid bicycle reportedly was stolen from Wilmette Bicycle and Sport Shop, 605 Green Bay Road.
• Approximately $17,000 in plumbing equipment reportedly was stolen from a work van in the 800 block of Westwood Lane.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in the amount of $4,449.80.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from Green Bay Cycles, 999 Green Bay Road. The bike reportedly was worth $1,080.
• An $8,520 check mailed to the U.S. Treasury reportedly was stolen and altered.
• Nearly $7,000 reportedly was charged to a resident’s credit card without proper authorization.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for an amount exceeding $3,000.
• Items reportedly were stolen between 1-8:15 p.m. from a car parked at Lock Up Self Storage in the 800 block of W. Frontage Road.
• A resident told police they received a bill for a U.S. Small Business loan the resident did not take out.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.