Police Reports: Counterfeit bills used, trio of cars burglarized
These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• An unlocked vehicle reportedly was broken into in the 400 block of 10th Street.
• An individual was arrested for allegedly fondling themselves on a train at the CTA station, 349 Linden Ave. The individual also reportedly was in possession of an illegal substance and had an active warrant.
• Cash reportedly was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Sterling Lane.
• More than $300 in products reportedly were stolen from Walgreens, 3232 Lake Ave.
• A car reportedly was stolen in the 600 block of Washington Ave. The car owner reportedly still had the car’s keys.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen and deposited into another account.
• An unlocked car reportedly was broken into in the 200 block of Central Park Avenue.
• A counterfeit bill reportedly was used to make a purchase at McDonald’s, 858 Green Bay Road.
• A counterfeit $100 bill reportedly was used to make a purchase on a previous day at North Shore Exchange, 372 Hazel Ave. The bill was identified by North Shore Bank
• Several packages reportedly never reached their purchasers in the 6000 block of Arbor Lane in December.
• A business loan of $5,500 reportedly was fraudulently taken out in a local business’s name in 2020.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.
This article was developed using publicly available information, such as press releases, municipal records and social media posts.