These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• An unlocked vehicle reportedly was broken into in the 400 block of 10th Street.
• An individual was arrested for allegedly fondling themselves on a train at the CTA station, 349 Linden Ave. The individual also reportedly was in possession of an illegal substance and had an active warrant.
• Cash reportedly was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Sterling Lane.
• More than $300 in products reportedly were stolen from Walgreens, 3232 Lake Ave.
• A car reportedly was stolen in the 600 block of Washington Ave. The car owner reportedly still had the car’s keys.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen and deposited into another account.
• An unlocked car reportedly was broken into in the 200 block of Central Park Avenue.
• A counterfeit bill reportedly was used to make a purchase at McDonald’s, 858 Green Bay Road.
• A counterfeit $100 bill reportedly was used to make a purchase on a previous day at North Shore Exchange, 372 Hazel Ave. The bill was identified by North Shore Bank
• Several packages reportedly never reached their purchasers in the 6000 block of Arbor Lane in December.
• A business loan of $5,500 reportedly was fraudulently taken out in a local business’s name in 2020.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.