These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A resident reportedly did not receive payment after agreeing to sell tickets to the College Football National Championship to an online buyer. The resident reportedly mailed the tickets.
• More than $15,000 in fraudulent purchases reportedly were made to a resident’s credit card.
• A package reportedly was stolen around 7:44 a.m. from a porch in the 200 block of Wood Court.
• Credit cards reportedly were stolen between Dec. 30 and Jan. 1 from a home in the 100 block of Millbrook Lane while the homeowners were out of town. Entry reportedly was made through a second-story window.
• Jewelry and cash reportedly were taken some time between Dec. 28 and Jan. 1 from a home in the 200 block of Heather Lane while the homeowners were out of town. Entry to the home reportedly was made through a basement window.
• More than $9,000 in jewelry and cash reportedly was stolen from a home in the 2700 block of Wilmette Avenue while the resident was out of town.
• Nearly $300 in merchandise reportedly was stolen from Walgreens, 3232 Lake Ave.
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of about $22,000 after responding to a message from someone claiming to be the resident’s boss and requesting the resident purchase gift cards to give to the company’s employees.
• About $1,000 in fraudulent purchases reportedly were made to a resident’s credit card.
• A coat containing multiple car key fobs reportedly was stolen from Pomeroy, 844 Spruce St.
• Multiple bottles of liquor reportedly were stolen from The Grand, 606 Green Bay Road.
• Fraudulent purchases reportedly were made to a resident’s credit card.
• A package reportedly was stolen around 4:30 p.m. from a front stoop in the 500 block of Sunset Lane.
• A fraudulent charge of $2,619 reportedly remained on a Comcast Cable account that used a resident’s personal information.
• Several packages reportedly were stolen from a condominium building in the 6000 block of Arbor Lane.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in the amount of more than $9,000.
• Packages reportedly were stolen around 6:50 p.m. from a front porch in the 500 block of Essex Road
• A purse reportedly was stolen from a home in the 300 block of Essex Road after an offender entered an unlocked vehicle, used the garage-door opener and entered an unlocked door in the garage. Kenilworth police reportedly spotted the offenders’ vehicle, which reportedly was stolen from Evanston, and pursued it until it began driving in an oncoming lane of traffic.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.