These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• An unlocked bicycle reportedly was stolen from an alleyway in the 1500 block of Central Avenue.
• A car’s tire reportedly was slashed in the 1400 block of Forest Avenue.
• Fraudulent withdrawals totaling $13,000 reportedly were made from a resident’s bank account. According the report, the victim reportedly received a text message about their cellphone number being transferred.
• A man reportedly struck a female individual in the face when they had an argument on a first date at a restaurant in the 1100 block o Wilmette Avenue. The two reportedly met on a social media website.
• A home reportedly was broken into in the 700 block of Chilton Lane.
• More than $4,000 in fraudulent purchases reportedly were made on a resident’s credit card and another $10,000 reportedly was put on retail-store cards opened using the resident’s personal information.
• Two Amazon packages reportedly were stolen in the 800 block of Willow Road.
• A checked mailed between Oct. 22-Nov. 1 reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in an amount exceeding $5,000.
• A check mailed between Oct. 22-Nov. 2 reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in an amount exceeding $5,000.
• Various medications worth more than $2,500 reportedly were stolen from Walgreens, 925 Green Bay Road.
• A package reportedly was stolen around 11 a.m. from a front porch in the 0-100 block of Beach Road.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen altered and cashed for approximately $9,000.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for approximately $12,000.
• Mailed currency totaling more than $100 reportedly was stolen, as recipients never received the envelopes.
• Jewelry valued at more than $30,000 reportedly was stolen from a home in the 0-100 block of Wagner Road. Unauthorized entry to the home reportedly was made by breaking a glass door.
• Paint reportedly was tossed on a car parked in a driveway in the 200 block of Cumnor Road.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.