These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• An unlocked car reportedly was broken into in the 2000 block of Greenwood Avenue.
• A rear window of a car reportedly was damaged in the 700 block of Elmwood Avenue.
• A bag, containing a cellphone and car key fob, reportedly was stolen between 6 p.m. and midnight from a car in the 900 block of Green Bay Road. The reported loss is $1,700.
• A resident’s mailed check reportedly was stolen and altered but the bank denied the attempt to cash.
• A resident reported that an unknown individual tried to transfer $50,000 away from their bank account.
• A resident’s mailed check reportedly was stolen and altered to $4,000 and an attempt to cash it was made.
No reported activity from Nov. 4-11
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.