These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• About $500 in alcohol reportedly was stolen from Jewel, 1517 Sheridan Road.
• A 60-year-old woman reportedly was struck in the face while on a CTA train in Wilmette. Police say a CTA employee was spit on by the same attacker, who was arrested by Wilmette police. The attacker also reportedly kicked a police officer. The woman who was struck did not suffer “major injuries.”
• A locked bicycle reportedly was stolen from the Metra Station, 722 Green Bay Road.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from Wilmette Junior HIgh, 620 Locust Road.
• Two bottles of alcohol reportedly were stolen from Jewel on Green Bay Road.
• Jewelry reportedly was stolen from a home in the 3000 block of Glenview Road. Entry reportedly was forced and several rooms reportedly were ransacked.
• A car reportedly stolen from Northbrook was located in the 100 block of Elmwood Avenue but was not recovered. The car’s driver reportedly was able to escape in the vehicle.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from St. Francis Xavier School, 808 Linden Ave.
• Numerous fraudulent charges reportedly were made on a resident’s Chase lost credit card.
• A locked car reportedly was stolen from the corner of Oak and Chestnut streets.
• A fraudulent charge reportedly was made to a resident’s Chase credit card.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in an amount that exceeds $5,000 sometime between Aug. 17 and Sept. 26.
• A vehicle reportedly was rented between Feb. 25-Sept. 27 using a resident’s personal information.
• Items reportedly were stolen after a window was damaged and entered at 1300 block of Sunview Lane.
• A home reportedly burglarized at 3:04 p.m. in the 500 block of Pinewood Drive. Police reportedly observed a broken glass door.
• A resident told police that around 3 p.m. they observed two subjects looking into their home in the 600 block of Sheridan Road before the subjects fled.
• Four individuals reportedly attempted to enter a home in the 1100 block of Oak Ridge Drive. The residents who were at home at the time reportedly activated the burglar alarm.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen around 3:45 p.m. from the picnic table area at the Glencoe Youth Center, 680 Greenwood Ave.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen and altered but a bank stopped the transaction.
• A home reportedly was burglarized around 9:50 p.m. in the 0-100 block of Meadowood Lane. An exterior glass door reportedly was broken.
• A home reportedly was burglarized in the 0-100 block of Garden Lane. A patio door reportedly was pried open.
• A resident’s bank account reportedly was compromised at a value of more than $1,000.
• A locked bicycle reportedly was stolen from the Metra station, 400 Richmond Road.
• A T-mobile account reportedly was opened in a resident’s name without the resident’s permission.
• An individual reportedly tried to remove funds from a resident’s bank account.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.