These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• An unlocked car reportedly was stolen overnight in the 1900 block of Thornwood Avenue
• Three cars reportedly were broken into overnight — two in the 100 block of Central Park Avenue and one in the 1900 block of Thornwood Avenue.
• A 59-year-old man was arrested for allegedly fondling himself in public at 2:15 p.m. in Veteran’s Park, 1111 Central Ave. The arrestee reportedly had his pants around his ankles.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from an apartment building at 3513 Lake Ave. A review of the building’s camera system led to the arrest of a 35-year-old from Morton Grove, according to police.
• A bicycle seat reportedly was stolen off a bike locked at the Metra station, 722 Green Bay Road.
• Multiple sport-court tiles reportedly were damaged on the outdoor play area at St. Francis-Xavier School, 808 Linden Ave. According to police, bicycles were driven over many of the tiles and some were disconnected and broken. The damage is reported between $5,000-$7,000.
• A wallet and cash reportedly were stolen from an unlocked car in the 3500 block of Elmwood Drive.
• Cash reportedly was stolen overnight from an unlocked car parked in the 1100 block of Ash Street.
• Unauthorized purchases totaling more than $3,000 reportedly were made on a resident’s American Express card.
• Electronic cigarettes and over-the-counter medicine reportedly were stolen between 4-5 a.m. from Walgreens, 88 Green Bay Road.
• Four credit card accounts reportedly were opened in a resident’s name without their permission.
No reports between Sept. 15-21 that fit The Record’s standards for publication
• Following up on a report from a resident, officers identified several individuals reportedly attempting to burglarize vehicles in the 300 block of Lagoon Drive. The individuals reportedly fled on the Edens Expressway in multiple vehicles. Police reportedly later discovered unlocked vehicles were burglarized in the 1600 block of Elder Lane and 300 block of Lagoon Drive. This report is related to an article published by The Record on Sept. 19.
• A business owner reported an unauthorized attempt was made to transfer $60,000 away from their business account.
• A locked bicycle reportedly was stolen between 8:19 a.m.-6:15 p.m. from the Metra station bike rack.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.