These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A grill valued at $2,500 reportedly was stolen from a backyard in the 1000 block of Central Avenue.
• An unlocked bicycle reportedly was stolen between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. from a bike rack near the Lakeview Center, 700 Michigan Ave.
• Three male teenagers — two from Wilmette and one from Glenview — were arrested for allegedly burglarizing the locker room at Westmoreland Country Club, 2601 Old Glenview Road. Police say they responded to an alarm at 3:58 a.m. and encountered two subjects with property from the men’s locker room. A third subject reportedly was apprehended a “short time later.”
• Televisions, windows, chairs and lightbulbs reportedly were smashed inside the old Baker’s Square building, 200 Skokie Blvd. Police say the rear door was open and estimated damages are $5,000.
• A cellphone and wallet reportedly were taken after a Metra passenger allegedly left them on the train at 11:30 p.m. on July 29. The victim reportedly discovered transactions in Highland Park on their debit card totaling $1,300.
No reported activity from July 18-25.
• An American flag and a flag pole reportedly were stolen from a home in the 1000 block of Elm Ridge Drive.
• An American flag reportedly was stolen from a home in the 700 block of Sycamore Lane. The reported victim told police American flags were also stolen from other homes in the same block.
No reports between July 25-31 that fit The Record’s standards for publication
• A fraudulent credit card reportedly was opened using a resident’s personal information.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.