These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• The office door to the Wilmette Theater reportedly was kicked in between July 3-4 at 1122 Central Avenue.
• A resident’s PayPal account reportedly was frozen because of an unknown $70,000 debt to an out-of-state company.
• More than $7,000 in fraudulent charges reportedly were made at The Room Place using a resident’s personal information.
• A building reportedly was broken into between July 3-4 in the 600 block of Green Bay Road. A car inside the building reportedly was rummaged through. Nothing of value was reported missing.
• A fraudulent auto loan for a Land Rover reportedly was taken out in a resident’s name.
• More than $9,000 reportedly was transferred to a fraudulent bank account opened using a resident’s personal information.
• A resident reportedly was defrauded out of $25,000 after answering an email about a charge on her PayPal account.
• A resident reportedly was punched in the face at random around 11 p.m. in the 300 block of Sheridan Road.
• Over-the-counter medications reportedly were stolen from Walgreens, 925 Green Bay Road.
• A door frame and walls reportedly were damaged at a facility at Indian Hill Park, 131 Wilson St.
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of $2,500 after the resident was contacted by a caller purporting to be from Zelle.
• A fire reportedly caused $1,300 worth of damage to the Watts Center tennis courts on July 3. The fire reportedly began in a garbage can and spread to a shed and fence.
• A locked bicycle valued at $800 reportedly was stolen between June 22-23 from the 700 block of Old Green Bay Road.
• Around $8,500 worth of jewelry reportedly was stolen between June 23-27 from a home in the 300 block of Shoreline Court.
• Around $5,000 worth of jewelry reportedly was stolen between May 10-June 14 from the 500 block of Jackson Avenue.
• A locked bicycle reportedly was stolen between June 15-16 from the 700 block of Old Green Bay Road.
• A home in the 2200 block of Bracken Lane reportedly was broken into around 9:28 p.m. More than one offender allegedly climbed the back of the home in order to shatter a second-story window. The report says it is unclear how many items were taken from the home.
The police department reported no incidents from June 24-July 8
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.