Police Reports: Man arrested for exposing himself; thieves strike at Wilmette, Winnetka golf courses; multiple cars stolen
These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Kenilworth police arrested an Elgin man who allegedly exposed himself to a group of juveniles around 7:30 a.m. near Green Bay Road and Kenilworth Avenue. The alleged offender was in his car, police told The Record, when the incident occurred and an adult female who reportedly witnessed the incident called police, who followed information about the car and suspect to locate the man in the 1300 block of Chestnut Street in Wilmette.
• A resident’s personal information reportedly was obtained after the resident responded to an email about a purchase dispute.
• About $600 worth of retail items reportedly were stolen from Walgreens, 3232 Lake Ave.
• Two unlocked bicycles reportedly were stolen after the owners left them outside of Elmwood Dunes.
• Two rings valued at $7,300 reportedly were stolen from a car parked at the Wilmette Golf Course, 3900 Fairway Drive. A separate course user reportedly saw individuals in the user’s vehicle at 4:16 p.m.
• A car with the key fob inside reportedly was stolen between 3-3:19 a.m. from the 800 block of Chilton Lane. The car was recovered by Chicago police at 9:03 p.m. the same day.
• A car that reportedly was stolen was pursued by Wilmette police at 3:19 a.m. near Wilmette Junior High School in the 700 block of Locust Road. The vehicle crashed near Regina Dominican High School, and police reportedly apprehended the juvenile driver. Police say the car was stolen from Glenview on May 30.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from Harper School, 1101 Dartmouth St., between May 27-31.
• Items reportedly were stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 1000 block of Elmwood Avenue.
• Electronics reportedly were stolen from Rose Hall Montessori School, 1140 Wilmette Ave.
• Property reportedly was damaged after a break-in at the site of the Baker Square building, 200 Skokie Blvd.
• Office supplies and golf items worth more than $5,000 reportedly were stolen from a secured building at the Winnetka Golf Club, 1300 Oak Street.
• A purse containing Apple Air Pods, cash, credit cards and more reportedly was stolen from Mino’s Italian Restaurant, 985 Green Bay Road. The reported amount of loss is $2,340.
• A resident’s personal information reportedly was used to open multiple phone and retail accounts.
• An unlocked car reportedly was stolen overnight from the roadway in the 1100 block of Oak Street.
• An unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Cherry Street reportedly was entered overnight but nothing was removed
• An unlocked car reportedly was stolen overnight from the 200 block of Linden Street.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from the 1000 block of Forestway Drive.
• A credit card reportedly was open in a resident’s name without the resident’s authorization.
• Two packages reportedly were stolen from the front porch of a home in the 1000 block of Hohlfelder Road.
Nothing reported between May 23-May 29 that fits The Record’s editorial guidelines for publication.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.
This article was developed using publicly available information, such as press releases, municipal records and social media posts.