These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Graffiti reportedly was found on the back of parking signs in the Metra parking lot near Oakwood and Poplar avenues.
• Unauthorized charges reportedly were made to a resident’s credit card. The resident also reported receiving harassing text messages from an unknown individual who threatened to use the resident’s personal information.
• Bottles of alcohol reportedly were stolen from the Jewel at 411 Green Bay Road.
• A bicycle locked to a pole reportedly was stolen from the 400 block of Ridge Road.
• Personal items reportedly were stolen from a home in the 500 block of Koerper Court between 10 a.m. and 1 a.m. May 21. The residence reportedly was entered through an unlocked sliding door and then ransacked, “targeting jewelry and cash.”
• Personal items reportedly were stolen from a home in the 700 block of Lacrosse Avenue between 1-9:41 p.m.. The residence reportedly was entered by force and ransacked. According to an alert from Wilmette police, a witness heard loud booms around 3 p.m. and saw individuals running from the home.
• Fraudulent Western Union transactions totaling $9,120 reportedly were made at the Walgreens at 3232 Lake Ave.
• Gift cards worth $1,125 reportedly were removed between 3 a.m. and noon from a package on the front porch of a home in the 1100 block of Merrill St.
• Bins containing household items reportedly were taken between 9:30-11:30 a.m. from the front lawn of a home in the 1300 block of Scott Avenue. The items were reportedly valued at $1,000.
• Golf clubs reported at $1,250 reportedly were stolen between 8 p.m. and 6:49 a.m. May 20 from the Winnetka Golf Club, 1300 Oak St.
• An unlocked car reportedly was stolen from a driveway in the 100 block of Fuller Lane. The car was later recovered in Kenilworth.
• A street sign reportedly was removed from the corner of Vine Street and Laurel Avenue.
• Graffiti reportedly was found on the back of a speed limit sign.
• A glass window reportedly was shattered around 9:15 p.m. to gain entry into a home in the 100 block of Timber Lane.
• A lawn mower valued at $400 reportedly was stolen around 11:56 a.m. from the front yard of a home in the 100 block of Euclid Avenue
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen around 5:17 p.m. from an open garage in the 300 block of Keystone Court
• More than $150 in alcohol reportedly was taken from the Mariano’s at 1822 Willow Road.
• Jewelry and cash reportedly were taken between 2:30-5 p.m. from a home in the 100 block of Frontage Road. According to the report, the front door was forced open.
• An unlocked bicycle reportedly was taken from a bike rack at Sears School, 542 Abbotsford Road.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.