These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A debit-card replacement reportedly was requested to a resident’s bank account without the resident’s permission and then later used at an ATM.
• A cellphone reportedly was stolen after the owner left it unattended near the beach house at Gillson Park, 700 Michigan Ave.
• An electric bike reportedly was stolen between 8-10 p.m. from a bike rack at the Linden CTA station, 349 Linden Ave. The bike reportedly was locked to the rack.
• Graffiti reportedly was spray painted on a train car at the Linden CTA station, 349 Linden Ave.
• An unlocked car reportedly was stolen from a parking area at 1007 Tower Court. It was later discovered unoccupied along Interstate 94 in Lincolnshire.
• An individual reportedly attempted to purchase a vehicle online using a resident’s personal information. The attempt was unsuccessful.
• Graffiti reportedly was found on a new concrete pier at Glencoe Beach, but it reportedly was removed without causing damage.
Nothing reported between May 9-May 15 that fits The Record’s editorial guidelines for publication.
• A T-Mobile account reportedly was opened in a resident’s name without the resident’s permission.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.