Police Reports: Locked e-bike stolen, stolen car recovered abandoned on expressway
These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A debit-card replacement reportedly was requested to a resident’s bank account without the resident’s permission and then later used at an ATM.
• A cellphone reportedly was stolen after the owner left it unattended near the beach house at Gillson Park, 700 Michigan Ave.
• An electric bike reportedly was stolen between 8-10 p.m. from a bike rack at the Linden CTA station, 349 Linden Ave. The bike reportedly was locked to the rack.
• Graffiti reportedly was spray painted on a train car at the Linden CTA station, 349 Linden Ave.
• An unlocked car reportedly was stolen from a parking area at 1007 Tower Court. It was later discovered unoccupied along Interstate 94 in Lincolnshire.
• An individual reportedly attempted to purchase a vehicle online using a resident’s personal information. The attempt was unsuccessful.
• Graffiti reportedly was found on a new concrete pier at Glencoe Beach, but it reportedly was removed without causing damage.
Nothing reported between May 9-May 15 that fits The Record’s editorial guidelines for publication.
• A T-Mobile account reportedly was opened in a resident’s name without the resident’s permission.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.
This article was developed using publicly available information, such as press releases, municipal records and social media posts.