These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A counterfeit $100 bill reportedly was accepted on May 8 at Five Guys in Edens Plaza, 3232 Lake Avenue. The offender reportedly received $83 in change and left without the order.
• Credit cards and cash reportedly were stolen from a purse in an unlocked car parked at Plaza del Lago, 1515 Sheridan Road. Someone reportedly attempted to use the cards in another location.
• Jewelry reportedly was stolen from a home in the 800 block of Westerfield Drive.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for an amount that exceeds $5,000.
• More than $120 reportedly was charged to a fraudulent Verizon Wireless account taken out in a resident’s name.
• A car reportedly was broken into between 3:50-4:15 a.m. in the 500 block of Arbor Vitae Road.
• A laptop reportedly was stolen from a car in the 500 block of Chestnut Street.
• A check for more than $8,000 reportedly was forged in a resident’s name; however, there was no reported financial loss.
• A resident reportedly discovered $1,000 in credit card transactions after answering a text message from an unknown sender and providing personal information.
• A resident reportedly confronted an unknown individual who was breaking into their vehicle. The individual reportedly apologized and fled the scene.
Nothing reported between May 5-May 11 that fits The Record’s editorial guidelines for publication.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.