These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A resident reportedly was robbed by a fence and deck company claiming to be from Wilmette. The resident reportedly provided an individual with payment for an estimate but then could not reach the company, Maverick Fence and Deck, which reportedly provided an address that does not exist.
• Altered currently reportedly was used to pay for a pizza in the 3200 block of Lake Avenue. The restaurant reported that the $100 bill used was a washed $10 bill.
• Items reportedly were stolen from the Walgreens at 3232 Lake Ave.
• Two credit card accounts reportedly were opened in a resident’s name without the resident’s authorization.
• Unauthorized transactions in the amount $2,321 reportedly were made from a resident’s bank account.
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of $800 when the resident answered a text message from an unknown person requesting the resident purchase Goole Play gift cards.
Nothing reported between April 25-May 1 that fits The Record’s editorial guidelines for publication.
Nothing reported between April 28-May 4 that fits The Record’s editorial guidelines for publication.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.