These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A checked mailed on Dec. 24 reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in the amount of $3,800. The original check’s amount reportedly was $1,890.
• A wallet, which contained credit and debit cards, reportedly was stolen from an unlocked car between 11:15 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at Saints Faith, Hope & Charity church, 191 Linden St.
• Accounts to Home Depot and Best Buy reportedly were opened in a resident’s name without the resident’s knowledge.
• A check mailed in December reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in the amount of $4,800.
No reported activity that fits the criteria for this section.
• Unauthorized transactions totaling about $4,000 reportedly were made on a resident’s credit card between July and October 2021.
No activity was reported between March 4-11 by the Kenilworth Police Department
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.