Police Reports: Two more mailed checks stolen and altered
These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A checked mailed on Dec. 24 reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in the amount of $3,800. The original check’s amount reportedly was $1,890.
• A wallet, which contained credit and debit cards, reportedly was stolen from an unlocked car between 11:15 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at Saints Faith, Hope & Charity church, 191 Linden St.
• Accounts to Home Depot and Best Buy reportedly were opened in a resident’s name without the resident’s knowledge.
• A check mailed in December reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in the amount of $4,800.
No reported activity that fits the criteria for this section.
• Unauthorized transactions totaling about $4,000 reportedly were made on a resident’s credit card between July and October 2021.
No activity was reported between March 4-11 by the Kenilworth Police Department
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.
This article was developed using publicly available information, such as press releases, municipal records and social media posts.