Police Reports: Car windows busted at CarMax, ‘Stalin’ graffiti
These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen from a Honda CRV in the 200 block of Charles Place.
• The word “Stalin” reportedly written in red paint on the door of a trash room of a multi-residence building at 1107 Greenleaf Ave.
• A baby stroller reportedly was taken from an alley in the 1600 block of Forest Avenue.
• Three new accounts reportedly were fraudulently opened in a resident’s name — one each at Bank of America, Synchrony Bank and Target.
• The windows of five cars at CarMax, 2000 Frontage Road, reportedly were smashed overnight. A lockbox with car keys reportedly was also stolen; however, the keys could not be used to access the vehicles.
• The police department reportedly assisted area emergency units in responding to a fire to a garage in the 400 block of Sunset Ridge Road. The fire departments reportedly extinguished the fire that was primarily contained to the garage.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.
Joe Coughlin is a co-founder and the editor in chief of The Record. He leads investigative reporting and reports on anything else needed. Joe has been recognized for his investigative reporting and sports reporting, feature writing and photojournalism. Follow Joe on Twitter @joec2319