These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A car reportedly was stolen and allegedly used in auto burglaries in the area. According to police an unlocked Mercedes sedan with the keys inside was stolen Dec. 19 from the 2900 block of Greenleaf Avenue. The vehicle was then reportedly involved in a series of auto burglaries, including in the 3300 block of Wilmette Avenue, the 800 block of Lavernge Avenue and the 500 block of Lawler Avenue in Wilmette. Home surveillance from the 500 block of Lawler reportedly recorded the individuals.
• A home reportedly was burglarized in the 800 block of Isabella Street. Forced entry reportedly was made to the home and personal items reportedly were taken.
• Tools reportedly were stolen from a contractor working at a home in the 1900 block of Central Street.
• Personal information reportedly was stolen from a resident to open a bank accounts.
• Airline miles worth $7,522 reportedly were stolen from a resident’s credit card account.
• A resident reportedly bought $900 in fraudulent Google Play gift cards from an unknown individual online.
• Personal information reportedly was stolen from a resident to open a bank accounts .
• Unauthorized purchases reportedly were made to a resident’s credit card, which was still in the resident’s possession.
• A resident reportedly was defrauded of $18,000 after a phone scam that involved a request for money. The incident is under investigation.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty