Police Reports: Construction site burglary, $5,000 in unauthorized charges
These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A package reportedly was stolen from a home in the 1600 block in Highland Avenue.
• Retail items reportedly were stolen at 4:26 p.m. from the Walgreen’s at 3232 Lake Avenue.
• Building materials reportedly were stolen overnight from the construction site at Loyola Academy, 1100 Laramie Ave.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from an unlocked garage in the 400 block of Greenleaf Avenue.
• A vulgar phrase reportedly was written in permanent marker on a traffic control box in the 1500 block of Lake Avenue.
• A resident reported someone fraudulently used their personal information to rent a car for $181.14.
• More than $5,000 in fraudulent charges to a Nordstrom credit card were reported by a resident.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty
Joe Coughlin is a co-founder and the editor in chief of The Record. He leads investigative reporting and reports on anything else needed. Joe has been recognized for his investigative reporting and sports reporting, feature writing and photojournalism. Follow Joe on Twitter @joec2319