These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Personal items and currency reportedly were stolen from a car in the 400 block of Wilmette Circle.
• Two subjects reportedly attempted to steal a vehicle from a garage at in the 2200 block of Lake Avenue at 9:05 p.m. A resident reportedly returned home to find the two subjects in his garage. The resident told police the subjects fled in a red car, and police say the pursued a stolen red Mazda CX7 to Ridge Road and Dempster, where the “pursuit was terminated.” Police say the vehicle they pursued was reported stolen from Skokie at 8:13 a.m. on Nov. 11.
• Personal items reportedly were stolen from a car in the 500 block of Linden Avenue.
• A white Jeep reportedly drove at Wilmette police vehicles in two separate incidents around 2:30 a.m. According to the report the Jeep was driving west on Lake Avenue at a high rate of speed when it turned toward a Wilmette squad car, which had to take evasive action. A second Wilmette officer reportedly saw the Jeep stopped in the roadway at Lake Avenue near the Edens Expressway, where the driver of the Jeep flashed its headlights and drove at the police car before turning eastbound on to the Edens. The vehicle was not located.
• A 2013 Chevy Traverse that was reportedly stolen at 10 p.m. was discovered at 6:30 a.m. on Nov. 7 by Chicago police. The SUV reportedly suffered significant damage from a car crash. The vehicle reportedly was stolen while it was parked in the 1500 block of Highland Avenue and reportedly contained a purse with credit cards, which were then used in another area.
• A toolbox with items inside reportedly was stolen from a home in the 1500 block of Walnut Avenue.
• A Chestnut Avenue sign reportedly was stolen from the 2100 block of Chestnut Avenue.
• Multiple items reportedly were stolen from a car parked in a garage in the 500 block of of Linden Avenue.
• Multiple bottles of wine, reported at more than $5,000, reportedly were stolen from a home in the 300 block of Birch Street between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
• Signs reportedly were defaced with spray paint at the Village of Winnetka power plant, 725 Sheridan Road.
• Wet concrete reportedly was damaged — reported loss of $300 — between 10:30 and 11 a.m. near Hubbard Woods Park.
• More than $200 reportedly was stolen when a resident’s credit card was fraudulently used.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty