Police Reports: Fourth theft of unattended wallet; two stolen cars recovered; and more
These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Three fraudulent credit card applications reportedly were completed using a resident’s personal information. There reportedly was a fraudulent charge made on the resident’s credit card as well.
• Two unsecured bikes reportedly were stolen from an alley in the 1300 block of Wilmette Avenue.
• Personal items reportedly were stolen from a car with an open window at Gillson Park.
• Two individuals reportedly left Walgreens, 3232 Lake Ave., without paying for items.
• A wallet reportedly was stolen from the purse of an individual shopping at Jewel-Osco, 1517 Sheridan Road, and a credit card from the purse reportedly was used at a Wilmette CVS. According to an alert from the Wilmette Police Department this is the fourth September report of wallets being taken from unattended purses at local businesses. In one incident, police say, an offender distracted the victim with questions while a second offender took the wallet.
• The Evanston Police Department recovered a car that was reportedly stolen from the 2000 block of Greenwood Avenue in Wilmette in a parking lot at 1961 Ashland in Evanston.
• A vehicle reportedly was entered in the 1600 block of Greenwood and nothing was reported missing.
• An unsecured bicycle reportedly was taken from St. Francis Xavier, 808 Linden Ave.
• A vehicle reportedly was entered in the 2000 block of Beechwood Avenue and nothing was reported missing.
• A vehicle reportedly was stolen overnight from the 2000 block of Beechwood Avenue and then recovered with heavy front-end damage by the Kenilworth Police Department in the 300 block of Essex Road.
• A stop-gate arm near the sailing beach reportedly was broken off.
• A stove reportedly was stolen from a property in the 400 block of Ridge Road.
• Side mirror lenses reportedly were taken from a car in the 00 block of Green Bay Road.
• An unsecured bicycle reportedly was stolen from New Trier High School, 385 Winnetka Ave.
• The front tire of a bicycle reportedly was removed at New Trier High School, 385 Winnetka Ave.
• A remote-control car reportedly was taken between Aug. 7-Sept. 7 from a storage unit in the 1000 block of Tower Road.
• Jewelry, cash and electronics worth more than $5,000 reportedly were stolen from a home in the 500 block of Winnetka Avenue between Sept. 4-7.
• Two secured bicycles reportedly were taken from a garage in the 900 block of Green Bay Road.
• A bicycle reportedly worth $170 was reported stolen from an open garage in the 900 block in Green Bay Road.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from the Metra station in the 700 block of Old Green Bay Road. The loss was reported at $400.
• A resident’s airline miles worth more than $2,000 reportedly were fraudulently cashed after the resident’s credit card was compromised.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen between 2:20-3:10 pm. from a business in the 400 block of Green Bay Road.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty
This article was developed using publicly available information, such as press releases, municipal records and social media posts.